• Home
  • Construction Products Regulation & CE Marking

Construction Products Regulation & CE Marking

From 1 July 2013, under the Construction Products Regulation 2011 (CPR), it will become mandatory for all manufacturers to apply CE marking to any of their construction products that are covered by a harmonised European standard (hEN) or that conforms to a European Technical Assessment (ETA) that has been issued for it.

Manufacturers of construction products are not obliged to gain an ETA, and in this situation manufacturers cannot apply a CE mark to the product.

CE marking is not mandatory under certain circumstances, even where a relevant hEN is available. Article 5 of the Construction Products Regulations gives full details of these exceptions.

Hambleside Danelaw will issue or affix a CE mark to all products where applicable. There are currently no products manufactured by Hambleside Danelaw for which any harmonised European standards exist and none of the product ranges are covered by a European Technical Assessment.

EN1013:2012, a new harmonised European standard has now been published with a period of co-existence from 1st September 2013 to 1st September 2014. This covers profiled GRP and polycarbonate in-plane single skin sheets used for single skin applications or as the external layer or liner of a rooflight or wall light.

CE is not possible until 1st September 2013 and during the 12 month period of co-existence CE marking is possible but not mandatory.

Additional information about CE marking can be found here: http://www.constructionproducts.org.uk/publications/industry-affairs/display/view/construction-products-regulation/

Current Files

Old Files


Dryseal can only be installed by approved contractors. Click on the link to find one near you.


Get technical support, product information and additional marketing materials.
Hambleside Danelaw Ltd, Long March, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 4NR